Find information, support and resources for your family and children.
On this page
Resources for families Resources for children Resources for young people
Resources for families
- Maternal and Child Health
- Support service to families with children 0-6 years of age
- Call 5472 1364
- Australian Breastfeeding Association
- 24 hour breastfeeding support
- Call 1800 686 268 or visit Australian Breastfeeding Association
- Parenting counselling support service.
- Call 13 22 89 (8am to midnight) 7 days a week.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
- Provides comprehensive services for children and adolescents experiencing mental health problems.
- Call 1300 363 788 24 hours for emergency and new referrals.
- Chirp Community Health – 5479 1000
- Free generalist counselling, Family counselling, Children’s counselling (0-12 years with GP referral)
Resources for children
- Kids Helpline
- For children and young people, aged up to 25 years.
- Call 1800 551 800 (24 hours) for email and web counselling visit www.kidshelp.com.au
Resources for young people
If you need to chat, reach out! Check out all the ways below to get in touch with the Mount Alexander Shire Youth team.
Download the Buzz It Card for information about services and support available to young people in our shire.
If you need support now help is available: