We are an independent advocate proudly auspiced by Castlemaine Community House.
Our aim is to promote systemic change that supports equitable social participation for the wide range of disabilities experienced by residents in Mount Alexander Shire. We understand the importance of social inclusion for everyone, including people with disabilities, their families and carers.
By systemic change, we mean:
• Promoting disability awareness and community education.
• Making ourselves available to support and to collaborate with Mount Alexander Shire on policy, planning and information
• Taking action on known safety trouble spots for all pedestrians (including those with low vision, or using sticks, walking frames, prams, wheelchair, scooters or crutches)
• Making ourselves available to groups and organisations to provide feedback on project designs to ensure adequate and safe disability access
• Following up with VicRoads, VicTrack and VicRail where disability access and safety issues are raised
* Providing disability access information and guidelines for event organisers.